I’m not much of a baker, but this has got to be the easiest baking recipe I know! It takes just 3 ingredients and about 2 minutes to make, and the taste and texture is just perfect! You won’t believe how easy it is. Why not serve them with some homemade strawberry & prosecco jam?
You will need:
- 400g self-raising flour
- 175ml double cream
- 175ml lemonade (both cloudy or clear work fine)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl, then pour in the cream and the lemonade and knead it into a dough.
3. On a floured surface, press the dough to a 2cm thickness, then stamp out little circles using a small jar or glass – the dough should make about 14 scones.
4. Pop the little circles of dough on either a lined baking tray (using baking paper), or grease a baking tin with a little butter, then pop them in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes until light golden, then leave them to cool (or have them hot!)