Looking for a pretty but easy canapé idea for Christmas or New Years entertaining? This hearty snack takes just 3 ingredients and mere minutes to put together, plus you can prepare these in advance and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them – saving you precious time on the evening!
You will need:
- Small asparagus tips
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- Parma ham
- 1 egg (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Cut the puff pastry into equal long thin strips – try to get as many strips as you have asparagus tips.
2. Cut the Parma ham into strips (scissors are handy for this, or use your fingers to tear them), and wrap each strip around an asparagus tip until each asparagus is being embraced in a Parma ham hug.
3. Now wrap the puff pastry over the top – trying to cover the green of the aspargus rather than the ham, so that you can still see the ham peeking through.
4. In a small cup or bowl, whisk 1 egg and rub some of the egg onto each asparagus – this will give them that golden shine when they come out of the oven!
5. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are cooked through and look golden on top.