Apologies in advance for the truly rubbish photos – I’ll update this post with better photos one day I promise! This is such a more-ish salad that I simply had to share it with you. It’s perfect as a simple side salad, as a canape wedge, and is also the perfect match for my 3-ingredient salad dressing recipe!
You will need:
- 1 Iceberg lettuce
- 1 punnet of small but flavoursome tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- Crispy bacon or prosciutto, fried and put aside
- 3-ingredient salad dressing (runny yoghurt, white wine vinegar and fresh dill, with optional honey and Tabasco)
1. Cut the iceberg in half right through the middle, then cut the halves into four wedges.
2. Arrange the wedges on a platter or individual plates, drizzle over the dressing and top with chopped tomatoes and avocado.
3. Crumble the bacon or prosciutto over each wedge, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.