Based on the classically Italian “Peperoni rossi arrostiti” recipe, these grilled sweet peppers have a salty kick to them.
You will need:
- 4 red peppers
- 1 handful of capers in vinegar, drained
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 8 anchovy fillets (in oil), drained
- 8 basil leaves
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthways, scooping out the cores and seeds.
- Season the insides with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the pepper halves cut side up on baking paper on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle over the capers, garlic, an anchovy fillet and a basil leaf to each half, and drizzle with olive oil, and bake for an hour.
- Serve warm.