These fun little canapés look wonderfully festive, are sweet, juicy and make a great healthy alternative sweet treat for those more health-conscious.
You will need:
- Baking paper
- 1 bag of clementines – make sure they are pip free!
- Dark chocolate for melting (from the baking isle)
- Coarse sea salt (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, finely chop your chocolate – or use chocolate chips. Put all the chocolate in a glass or stainless steel bowl and place it over the pan of water – but make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water!
- While the chocolate is melting, peel the clementines and pull apart the segments, removing any loose pieces of white pith.
- When the chocolate has almost melted, take the bowl off the pan.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, then dip half of each clementine segments into the melted chocolate and lay them flat on the baking paper.
- Whilst the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle over some coarse sea salt over some of the segments.
- Place in the fridge to set (minimum for 1 hour), then serve when you’re ready!