The perfect recipe for these hot summer days, this salad is light but filling, with a sweet and zesty dressing. Crayfish are packed with protein but low in calories, and their meaty texture helps fill you up. This sweet and citrussy grapefruit dressing makes this salad even more moreish.
- 1 medium / large pack of cooked crayfish
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 bag of mixed salad leaves, washed
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
1. Start with the dressing. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 grapefruit into a bowl with the juice of 1 lime and stir in the honey and olive oil, with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add more honey or grapefruit to taste.
2. Finely slice the red onion and let the pieces soak / marinate in the dressing whilst you continue with the recipe.
3. Wash the salad leaves and tip them into a salad bowl, add the cooked crayfish and chopped avocado and mango, then drizzle over the dressing.