This fool-proof canape recipe is a winner every time; the sweet gooey prunes balance the crispy salty bacon and they are an absolute doddle to make!
You will need:
- dried pitted prunes (as many as you like – depending on number of guests)
- pancetta slices or strips of thin bacon (half the amount of bacon strips as prunes)
- toothpicks to hold them in place
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Cut the pancetta strips in half.
- Lay a strip of bacon on a plate or board, place a dried prune at the edge of the pancetta strip and roll, wrapping it tightly around the dried prune until the end of the strip.
- Using a toothpick, pierce through the centre of the wrapped prune to hold it in place.
- Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes until the bacon is slightly crispy on both sides, then flip and grill them on their sides.
- Serve warm! If you are making these in advance you can always re-heat them later when the guests arrive.