I’m having a bit of a love affair with Hamptons style interiors at the moment, and have been wondering how we might be able to recreate a similar(ish!) style at home. I suppose the style is not dissimilar to India Hick’s Caribbean Chic style, or even Becki Owens’ Coastal Interiors, but with brighter blues combined with cream neutrals, big comfy sofas, natural materials, some indoor plants and greenery, large glass pendant lights, and blue and white china accessories scattered throughout. I love how the style is elegant and refined, but with a soft neutral palette and lots of woods, the style is still warm and relaxed. The style is originally inspired by a group of villages called The Hamptons on Long Island, New York, but the colonial and coastal chic style has now been adopted around the world.
Take a look at these gorgeous Hamptons-style interiors – and then see how you could create a similar look at home!
1. Blue and white sofa, £479
2. Glass globe pendant light, £125
3. Blue and white armchair, £295
4. Blue and white table lamp, £215
5. Large resin coral branch, £55
6. White wood and glass coffee table, £169
7. Model sailing boat, £109
8. Large rope rug, £200
Of course, a room is not complete without some art for the walls!
You could go all out and create a matching gallery wall similar similar to the below:
For example with the below collection of prints available from Etsy.
Or by mixing and matching art prints by the same artist:
1. Fintan Whelan, Coronary Blues, £15
2. Fintan Whelan, Into The Deep, £15
3. Fintan Whelan, Inner Self, £15
4. Fintan Whelan, Aerial Drift, framed print, £75
6. Fintan Whelan, Just Like You, £15
And these gorgeous coral inspired prints:
1. Sea Fan V, £11
2. Sea Fan VI, £11
3. Sea Fan IV, £11
1. Coastal Coral II, £20
2. Coastal Coral I, £20
3. Navy Coral I, £10
4. Navy Coral II, £10
Or for this nautical chic look, a classic framed sailing photograph can look beautiful and smart:
Create a similar effect with one of these photographs:
1. Yacht Columbia Sailing, £31
2. The Schooner Susanne, £63
3. Ocean Yacht Racing, £15
4. Iverna Yacht at Full Sail, £31
5. Ocean Racing, £15
6. Ocean Yacht Racing, £15
And finally, don’t you just love this photo of Marilyn Monroe in East Hampton?