I absolutely ADORE Tzatziki, it goes with pretty much everything and it is so damn simple to make! Perfect as a dip with crisps or crudités, as side with salad, potatoes, grilled meats, hamburgers, fish (this works great with baked salmon fillets, boiled potatoes and watercress) and is the perfect addition to a summer BBQ!
You will need:
- A large tub of thick Greek yoghurt – I use the Total 0% one
- 2 cucumbers
- 5 garlic cloves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- Fresh mint (to serve)
- Salt & pepper
- Peel the cucumbers (you can add these cucumber peels to a jug of water with ice for a refreshing drink at the table!)
- Grate the cucumbers into a bowl, leaving the seeds in the middle – throw the middle of the cucumbers away
- Squeeze all the liquid out of the grated cucumbers (you can squeeze it into the jug to add to the cucumber water)
- In a bowl, mix the dry grated cucumber with the tub of yoghurt, lemon juice, a generous glug of olive oil and crushed garlic
- Season to taste with salt & pepper – add more lemon juice & garlic if you like it stronger
- Leave it in the fridge to avoid it going runny
- Decorate with some fresh mint leaves (optional) & serve!