Doing some entertaining this weekend, or looking forward to a little me-time with some nice nibbles, a glass of wine, and your favourite programme or movie? Either way, these zesty crab toasts are a doddle to make, look and taste divine (so are ideal for impressing guests), but are equally a great TV nibble if you’d rather have a quiet night in.
You will need:
- 2 limes
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (or a good squirt) of mayonnaise
- 3 tins of crab meat, drained
- 1 granny smith apple
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Coriander, optional
- Toast for serving (sourdough slices are a great base)
1. Zest the limes into a bowl, then squeeze in all the lime juice, and add the finely chopped chilli.
2. Stir in the mayonnaise (it will look a bit lumpy at first, but just keep whisking / stirring until it’s a smooth consistency), season with salt and pepper, then stir in all of the crab meat, and a heaped tablespoon of chopped coriander (if using).
3. Toast the bread. Whilst it’s toasting, peel the apple and cut the apple into matchsticks. Top the toasts with the crab mixture, and top it with some apple matchsticks! Squeeze a little lime juice over the top (or don’t) and tuck in!