I recently hosted a girls-night-in at mine, complete with an unsensible amount of homemade Margarita cocktails, a healthy-ish Caesar salad (and plenty of unhealthy snacks and nibbles to balance it out), and these tangy creamy mango dessert pots.
These mango desserts are so easy to do and requires absolute minimal ingredients. They’re quick, cheap and easy, yet never fail to impress, and always looks a little fancy! My favourite kind of recipe. It’s also not too sweet – instead it’s light, refreshing and creamy. I promise that you’ll love this recipe as much as I do!
You will need:
- 2 ripe mangos
- 300ml double pouring cream
- 1 lime – zest and juice
- 1 lemon – zest and juice
- 100g good quality lemon curd
1. Remove the skin from the mangos and slice the flesh away from the stone, cutting it into chunks. Reserve three large chunks and finely chop them before setting aside.
2. Put the remaining mango flesh into a food processor (or use a hand food processor) and whiz into a velvety purée.
3. Whip the cream in a bowl until beginning to form soft peaks. Fold the lime juice, lemon juice and lemon curd into the cream, swirling the mixture to give a ripple effect.
4. Take 4-6 small glasses or pots and spoon a little of the puréed mango into the bottom of each. Add a little of the lemon and lime cream mousse, then more of the mango, then the mousse, to give four layers in total (two each of the mango and mousse).
5. Decorate each glass or pot with the reserved chopped mango and the lime zest. Chill for an hour before serving.