It might still be a little early for mulled white wine or mulled sloe gin cocktails, but it’s never too early for mulled cider. This mulled cider recipe is appley and cinnamony, it’s the perfect autumn warmer. Add a little sloe gin for an extra kick, or replace apple cider with cloudy apple juice for a non-alcoholic option.
To serve 4, you will need:
- 4 bottles of apple cider
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Spice or ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon star anise (optional)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 orange, cut into slices
- 1 apple, cut into slices
- segments from 2 clementines
1. Pour the apple cider into a large saucepan, and gently heat to mull. Add the orange and apple slices, clementine segments, sugar, cinnamon sticks, vanilla pod, whole cloves and other spices, and bring to a simmer. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, then ladle into glass mugs to serve.