The hardest part about making croissants is getting the buttery pastry right, so this ready made Jus Rol Croissant Pastry is a welcome fool proof short cut to beautiful “home made” flaky croissants!
I like to fill mine with Nutella but you can try experimenting with different fillings – or leave them plain. The Nutella melts and becomes deliciously gooey, and your kitchen will smell like a Parisian bakery!
You will need:
- Croissant pastry
- Baking paper
Now all you need to do is:
- Preheat your oven to 180 C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Pull the corner of the red label down to the left to make the Jus Rol Croissant can POP open
- Unroll the dough and separate into triangles
- Point the longest point of the triangles away from you and spread a spoonful of Nutella along the smallest side of the triangles, then roll them away from you towards the pointy tip to form crescents.
- Bend them slightly into a boomerang / croissant shape
- Place in the oven for around 10 minutes until beautifully golden brown
- Enjoy fresh and hot out of the oven
These make a great Sunday morning treat / breakfast in bed. As they are quite rich they are best served with some fresh fruit – I had mine with melon but some fresh berries would be just as nice!