This papaya, pomegranate and grapefruit ceviche salad is pure heaven!
It’s light, fresh, summery and packed with flavour. It’s a variation of my grapefruit ceviche recipe, but I’ve replaced the coriander with basil, and added some papaya and pomegranate for some added pop and crunch!
You will need:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 limes
- 2 papayas
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 red onion
- handful of fresh basil
1. Very thinly slice the salmon fillets into strips and place the salmon strips in a bowl. Squeeze the juice of a whole grapefruit over the top, and add the grapefruit flesh as well. Leave to soak for a while until the salmon changes colour and becomes paler – almost milky.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop 1/2 red onion and put into a separate bowl, cut both avocados into bite sized pieces and cover with the juice of both limes and let them soak.
3. De-seed the pomegranate (cut in half and tap so the seed fall out) and make sure to remove all the pith / white bits.
4. Deseed and cut the papaya into bite sized pieces and arrange onto a salad plate.
5. Scoop out the avocado, red onion, salmon and grapefruit and toss together with the papaya, then cover with chopped basil leaves and pomegranate seeds. Delicious!!