Doing some entertaining this weekend? Salty and sweet, these peach and halloumi skewers are a winner every time, and make the perfect appetiser or canapé!
To make 4 skewers, you will need:
- 2 peaches
- 1 block halloumi cheese
- Honey, for drizzling
- Some fresh mint or basil to garnish
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C and put it on the grill function, if you have it.
2. Wash and cut the peaches into 8ths, removing the pit.
3. Slice the halloumi into bite-sized pieces.
4. Skewer the peaches and halloumi, and place on a baking sheet / baking parchment, then place it in the oven under the grill.
5. Cook the skewers for 5 minutes until the peaches have charred just slightly and the cheese has browned in places, then flip the skewer and cook until the other side is done.
6. Pour off any water from the peaches, and place the skewers on a serving plate or board, drizzle some honey and olive oil over the top, and top with some chopped fresh mint or basil!