Another spring and summer favourite is this vibrant purple salad – perfect as a starter or as a side dish. With just four ingredients this salad is quick, easy and fairly cheap to make but very effective and flavoursome! The feta cheese is naturally salty which is balanced out by the peppery red cabbage, so this salad really doesn’t need any added salt, pepper or dressing.
You will need:
- 1 red cabbage, chopped
- 4 cooked beetroots (not in vinegar), chopped
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 block of feta cheese, crumbled
- Roughly chop the red cabbage into snippets and sprinkle over a serving dish or plate
- Add the chopped cooked beetroot and the finely chopped red onion
- Crumble over the feta and mix well
- Serve as a starter or as a side dish!