This dish is full of flavour and so unbelievably simple to make! Great for a quick & simple week night meal.
You will need:
- 150g noodles
- 2 limes
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 handful of sesame seeds (maybe 2 for good measure)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 avocado
- 1 red chilli
- 1 handful chopped coriander
- a dollop of honey
- a splash of Soy sauce
- sesame oil
- sea salt
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and toss with the juice from half a lime and a good splash of sesame oil.
2. Meanwhile, slice each of the salmon fillets lengthways into three.
3. Scatter the sesame seeds over a board and press each side of the salmon slices into the seeds until they’re completely covered.
4. Heat a good splash of sesame oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add splash of soy sauce and a dollop of honey, then fry the salmon for 2 minutes, then flip them over and fry on the other side. When they’re lovely and golden and caramelised looking, remove the pan from the heat.
5. Peel, then crush the garlic with a pestle and mortar, and add in a pinch of sea salt, the tahini, a small dash of sesame oil and the juice of 1 and a half limes to make a dressing.
6. Halve, peel and de-stone the avocado, pop them onto the plates and pour the dressing into the little holes. Add the salmon, the noodles, and top with some finely sliced chilli and coriander!
As a starter / side I made a version of my watermelon, feta & black olive salad, except using just three ingredients; watercress, watermelon and feta, which was delicious! But the salmon would also work great with some soy broccoli (steamed or boiled broccoli, lightly fried in a pan with some chopped garlic and soy sauce).