These are the best roast tomatoes you will ever taste! They make a perfect side-dish (especially for roasts) but are also great thrown into a salad, mixed into a pasta sauce or even just on toast.
You will need:
- 1 punnet of good quality baby tomatoes (preferably baby plum or on the vine)
- 2 teaspoons Maldon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and sit them sunny side up in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with the salt, sugar, thyme and olive oil.
- Roast them for about 15 minutes, until they look cooked (but not burnt or too shriveled!), then switch the oven off but leave the tomatoes inside.
- They are great served hot or cold!