These smoked salmon blini canapés are perfect for entertaining, easy to assemble and are wonderfully moreish! If your supermarket doesn’t sell blinis, Melba toasts work well too.
You will need:
- 1 lemon
- 1 packet of smoked salmon
- 20 ready-made cocktail blinis
- 1 small pot of creme fraiche
- 1 handful of dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Use a lemon zester to remove thin strips of zest from the lemon, which you can use to decorate the blinis later.
- To dice the salmon, pile up the slices of smoked salmon into a stack. Using a very sharp knife, cut across the stack to give you thin strips. Turn the stack 90 degrees and cut across the strips again so that end up with fine dice, then put the salmon strips in a bowl and add the juice of half of the lemon and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, add a dollop of creme fraiche onto each blini, then add some salmon and garnish with some dill and lemon zest.
- This recipe works just as well on crackers or toasts too!