This salad might sound a little crazy but trust me on this one – you HAVE to try this strawberry, beetroot, spring onion, goats cheese and crispy bacon salad! Yes – really! It’s sweet, tangy and crunchy, and perfect for the spring & summer months.
You will need:
- 1 bag of mixed salad leaves
- 1 punnet of strawberries, washed and stems removed
- 3 cooked beetroots (not in vinegar)
- 1 packet of soft goats cheese
- 1 packet of diced pancetta
- Fry the diced pancetta cubes until crispy – then leave to cool on some kitchen paper
- Cut the strawberries in half or quarters
- Cut the beetroot into small bite sized chunks
- Empty the bag of mixed leaves into a salad bowl and add the berries, beetroot and bacon, then crumble the goats cheese over the top
- For the vinaigrette, mix together a generous glug of olive oil with a splash of balsamic vinegar, a teaspoon of honey, a dollop of mustard and a good squeeze of lemon juice
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the top – bon apetit!