Inspired by the classic club sandwich, this salad should please even non-salad-eaters and is incredibly easy to make and perfect for these gorgeous spring and summer days!
To serve 2 people as a main course or 4 people as a starter, you will need:
- 1 big ball of lettuce
- 2 avocados
- 1 block of feta cheese
- 1 packet of bacon or pancetta
- 1 bag of cherry tomatoes
- Half a cucumber
- A handful of fresh coriander / cilantro if you have it
- Fry your bacon or pancetta until it’s crispy, then leave to cool on some kitchen paper
- Chop everything else up into bite-sized pieces
- Mix everything together in a salad bowl and top with crumbled feta
- For the dressing, combine a generous splash of olive oil, a shot of balsamic vinegar, a dollop of honey, a teaspoon of mustard and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Drizzle over the salad and tuck in!