This is a super easy weekend breakfast or brunch recipe and a great hangover cure!
You will need:
- 2 slices of sourdough or brown bread
- 2 eggs
- Cream cheese / soft cheese / Philadelphia
- Chives, snipped (easy with a pair of scissors)
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring some water to the boil in a small saucepan, then reduce to a simmer. Create a whirlpool in the middle with the back of your spoon, then crack an egg and gently slip it into the middle of the whirlpool. Leave it for 2 or 3 minutes until it looks ready, then scoop out the egg and put it aside. Repeat with the second egg.
- In the meantime, toast your bread, then spread on your soft cheese.
- Top with the poached eggs, some salt & pepper and sprinkle over some chopped chives – a perfect hangover cure!