This winter salad is healthy and super filling – it’s great for packed lunches, a quick-fix mid-week dinner or even as a healthy TV dinner.
You will need:
- 1 packet of cooked beetroot (in water, not in vinegar!), diced
- 1 packet of puy lentils
- 1 cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 packet of rocket salad leaves
- 2 red onions, chopped
- Cook the puy lentils according to the packet instructions.
- Whilst the lentils are cooking, heat some olive oil or butter in a frying pan and cook the onion and chorizo together on a medium heat, until the onions are soft and the chorizo is cooked. drain any excess fat and put aside.
- Toss the cooked lentils together with the cooked onion and chorizo, then add in the beetroot and rocket leaves. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to three days.