This banana cake recipe is so easy, you just throw it all together in one bowl, stick it in an oven and you’re left with a super gooey and moist and scrumptious and just all round wonderful banana cake – with melted chocolate chips and crunchy walnut bits. No faff, and no mixer needed!
It only takes a few minutes to throw together, and it’s baked and ready to eat in less than an hour. Ideal for dessert, impressing guests, or for an easy evening bake to take to work.
You will need:
- 3 super ripe bananas
- about 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (or just chop up a chocolate bar into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 free range egg, lightly beaten
- a pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C, and grease a little bit of butter on the inside of a baking tin.
2. Peel the bananas and mash them up with a fork, then mash in the melted butter.
3. Stir in the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour until it’s all mixed and thickened and lovely.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and half of the chopped walnut pieces, then scoop the mixture into the baking tin.
5. Scatter the rest of the walnut pieces over the top
6. Pop in the oven and bake it for about 30 minutes, then check on it by sticking a knife into it – if it comes out clean (streak-free), then it’s ready to be taken out. If it comes out all gloopy, leave the cake in the oven for a further 10 minutes and check again. Remove the cake from the tin, let it cool on a wire rack or serve it hot with vanilla ice cream.