These little tarts are perfect for entertaining or for a quick-fix lunch or snack. The puff pastry base essentially acts a bit like a pizza base – you just top it with whatever you like! You could also try using passata, pesto, tomato and mozarella for mini pizzas, camembert and cranberry, or any other combo you might like! Either leave the tart whole, or cut it into bite-sized squares with a pair of scissors for an easy canape.
You will need:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Little tomatoes (cherry or plum or mixed), halved
- Boursin cream cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh basil (to garnish)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c and unroll the puff pastry sheet onto a sheet of baking paper.
- Spread the boursin cheese evenly over the puff pastry leaving 1cm edge border.
- Scatter the halved cherry and / or plum tomatoes.
- Bung it in the oven for 20 minutes (or until the puff pastry is nice and golden).
- Season with salt & pepper and decorate with some fresh basil. Cut in slices (scissors are the easiest) to serve.